Dr. Alwyn Sau
(B. Chiro Sc. Master Chiro MACQ)
I'm Dr. Alwyn Sau, Principal Chiropractor at Evolution Health Clinic.
My Approach: Manual therapy, Goal-Oriented and Holistic.
It all starts with the initial consult...firstly I would begin with taking a thorough history, followed by a physical examination. From there we can diagnose your problems and let you know how to fix it, how long it would take and what treatment options there are...it couldn't be any simpler.
You can expect solid answers when you come to see me.
I also believe in future proofing your body. What that means is that even after we have fixed your problem, I will get you even better than what you were before. Why? Because this will minimize the chance of reinjury. (Ongoing injuries means that you haven't really fixed your underlying issues that caused the injury in the first place). Future proofing can be done through an exercise program that will teach you the fundamentals of load management and overall strength conditioning.
Treatment techniques I offer:
- Adjustments – Diversified / Terminal Point technique (TPT) / Gonstead / Activator
- Functional exercise applications for acute or chronic conditions
- Soft tissue work / Trigger point release / Post isometric relaxation (PIR)
- Dry needling
- Sports tapping
What is chiropractic?
Chiropractic is about understanding, diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions without any surgical intervention or pharmaceuticals. Chiropractic care utilizes a technique known as adjustments. An adjustment is a controlled high velocity low amplitude force that is applied to a non-biomechanically functioning joint.
Chiropractic Care Phases
1. Initial Intensive Care
Most patients visit the Chiropractor due to pain or other symptoms in which they have tried other alternatives that have not worked. During this phase the aim of the visits is to normalise the surrounding structures improving mobility and function. This phase requires frequent visits to reduce the symptoms.
2. Rehabilitation Phase
Once symptoms have reduced, a focus is placed on restoring the body’s joints, muscles and ligaments. This enables the body to achieve the absolute best function whilst also reducing the severity or frequency of symptoms. In this phase the frequency of visits is reduced, however an emphasis on self-care, advice and specific functional exercises will aid in the recovery process.
3. Maintenance Care
Maintenance care is to prevent reoccurrence of conditions or provoke any new symptoms whilst also maintaining optimal health.
- Running Lab Seminar - Leading Sydney Podiatrist and Vivo Barefoot footware founder - Tim Bransdon - 17 August 2023
- Current shoulder surgical protocols with - Dr. David Lieu (shoulder specialist) January 2023
- Developing accuracy with meaningful shoulder assessments, and the involvement of neural & spinal dysfunction in common shoulder problems (Introductory) - Wayne Rogers April 2022
- Mulligans lower quadrant techniques - Grant Mackay 2022
- Advancing techniques in ACL reconstruction - Presented by Dr. Quang Dao (Knee specialist) 2021
- DNS: Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation Short Course: Inger Villadsen 2020
- Musculoskeletal Segmental and Dry Needling
To book an appointment with Dr. Alwyn Sau, please contact us.